Final packing, goodbyes, and final details

So the moving of boxes went well. It turns out 22 boxes are about 450kg of stuff. My belongings will arrive either on Friday the 3rd or Monday the 5th. Not bad. I will have time to unpack and settle in before the boys arrive.

On Saturday I had a goodbye party here with friends before leaving. It was wonderful to see so many people who I hadn't seen in so long. Thanks to Inga for coming from Sweden, and the family for coming from Aluksne. Here are some pictures.









One of the cool parts was that a colleague of mine from Tashkent already came, and so did a Latvian embassy employee who works in Tashkent. It was great to hear stories of Tashkent, and my friends got the sense of what I am going to experience there.

Today I took care of all the last details. Car, notaries, translations, phone, bills, etc. I am exhausted, and since I decided not to sell my car, I have less to do tomorrow, and I will be able to pack all the bags instead. The boys and I are are beginning tonight - if I convince them of the need. They are tired after a day of playing with a good friend. Two more friends stopped by to say goodbye, and then one more tomorrow.

By the way, still no boiler, maybe tomorrow? I am getting used to cold showers....

Comments

Popular Posts