Moving Day

Today the movers have arrived.  I have spent the last week sorting, cleaning, and preparing everything so that it is ready and easier for them to pack up everything.  The years of moving experience come into play at these times and I find myself with time on my hands, just waiting for them to finish up the process of packing. I hope they finish everything today, if not, then we will have to continue the process on Saturday, as Friday is a holiday.  So far so good.  3 hours into the process and they have about half of the items packed, maybe a bit more.

Tonight I move into the Marriott Hotel that is next door so that I can sleep comfortably, and come back to vacuum, and wash the floors one more time.  I will also work on trying to sort out my spot painting that has been causing me untold problems in finding the right paint.  So far I have gone through three paints, two of which are meant to be the same color as my walls, only to find that they are just way too white, and stand out like a sore thumb against the paint that has aged over the last 5 years on being on the wall.  if my next attempt does not work, I will just have to leave my well-spackled and sanded walls to the agent to sort out.  I am hoping that it will sort itself out tomorrow...

Frustratingly I am still waiting to learn of my final tax clearance for the Malaysian government.  Until that is sorted out, my last two months of pay are held hostage.  It is fine as I have money, but I wanted that salary money available upon arrival in Thailand so that I could apply it to the purchase of a car.  As it is, I will have to transfer the money to one account in Malaysia, and then transfer it to Thailand - a process that could take up to a week, as international bank transfers are not possible online with the bank that the school has set up.  Malaysia has not made the leaving process easy and I will be happy to leave this country of crazy bureaucracy.  No less crazy than other locations where I have lived, but a different level of crazy for different things.

After I finalize the move out on Saturday, checking off everything with my landlord's agent, I will then be able to drop my car off and get the money for that, and move into the hotel that I have organized in KL.  It is a hotel in the center with some spa options.  I decided that I deserved a bit of rest before moving on to Thailand. I found a great deal on a deluxe suite on Late Stays, where I am paying half the amount of the room price. As the room is large enough, I have arranged for my yoga teacher to come to the hotel in the mornings to give me some private lessons, getting my mind and body ready also.  So think of me as I enjoy my yoga, a few massages, hydro therapy, and some last bits of tourism prior to leaving on Wednesday.  I look forward to the last few days being a bit slower and enjoyable.  If you like, check out the hotel:

http://www.hotelmaya.com.my/


Comments

Popular Posts