Chorsu Bazaar

Today we were finally able to go to the Chorsu Bazaar. It is an enormous bazaar. To give you a sense within three hour we were able to only walk around one quarter of the bazaar. The boys came with me today mostly because they wanted to buy Uzbek knives as their birthday presents. (Maybe I'm crazy, but they are nice collectors items...) Anyway the day went well, and here are pictures for you all.

This first set of pictures are of the madrassa right outside the bazaar. I am a sucker for the blue in the architecture:






The next pictures are of the bazaar itself. The first on is the entrance to the sashlik section of the place - an entire section devoted to sashlik alone. :-) Then a few of just the enormity of the whole thing, and a colorful one to show you the types of work done. My favorite purchase today were the slippers I bought that have an elf like toe and tassel on the end. But also a large wallet to keep my huge amounts of s'um in - I will no longer have to search for my bills throughout my large bag!






Our final purchase of the day were the Uzbek knives. Below are pictures of the boys with them, and a picture I titled starving, showing the boys eating an Uzbek non in the middle of the stalls - they were absolutely ready for lunch! Know that the knives are actually engraved as well, and Namejs' has an eagle and a cobra, while Didzis' has a typical Uzbek pattern.






Afterwards we went to a local Korean restaurant. The food was delicious. Didzis' new favorite food is kimbab - to most of us it is known as sushi - but sushi here is just the fish alone. Except that Didzis does not like it with the fish and takes only the meat kimbab. Namejs who usually likes sushi, did not like the kimbab. Go figure....

Comments

Popular Posts