First week of school

Wow, what at long week this has been and it is only Thursday. For most of you the week will end tomorrow, but mine will continue, because I have a training course in KL over the weekend. Thus my first week will be not five days long, but twelve. I am tired right now, but still also enthusiastic about our new location, my new job, the people, and my students.

Although I know that next week will be tough, I am really looking forward to the training because it will IB Diploma Programme History training, which I will use next year. Three days of intense training, that we will then use to plan for the next year. I also have IGCSE training over the next weeks that I can do at my own pace to better understand the History curriculum we use for the year 10 and 11 students.

This week a lot of things came together for us all on one day. The shipment from Uzbekistan came, most of the rest of our furniture came, and the internet was hooked up along with cable and a local phone line. Now we just need a TV to go along with the cable. :-) Today our air conditioners were serviced, and now the apartment can get down right cold in a short period of time.

After the craziness of this and next week, I look forward to working towards getting some items up on the walls, and planning our budget for the next months so that we can buy things like night stands, bookshelves and coffee tables... All in good time, I have to keep reminding myself, but the mess just might drive me crazy in the meantime. Perhaps finally hiring a housekeeper for twice a week might help. But when and how is still a mystery to me presently. :-)

I leave you all with a picture of Didzis and Namejs in their school uniforms. Two sad boys who have to return to school after a nine week vacation!

Comments

Mamma M said…
Hey, I'm pretty sure you're going to the same PD as my brother in law Jon... say hi if you meet him! You'll recognize him by name and looks, cause he's pretty similar to Joel! :)

Popular Posts