Happy New Year!

One of my projects over the holidays was to learn how to use iMovie.   Thus, I decided to create a year in review movie from my pictures.  I have learned a lot about the process, but still have much more to learn.  The movie was originally close to 11 minutes long with all the pictures of time spent with friends.  I decided it should be no more than 4 minutes long, so I had to cut many, many pictures.

Looking back on the year in this way I realize how many great friends and family I have around the world, and how much I miss you all.   In the process I enjoyed reviewing the visits I had with so many of you in Riga, the events that I experienced with others of you in Uzbekistan, and the experiences I have been having here with new friends in Malaysia.

Plus all of my friends who have kept in touch with me via Facebook have also been fantastic. Irregardless of what others say about Facebook, I have found it fantastic to be in touch with those of you who I have not seen in so long, but have never forgotten.  The messages, the comments, and the "likes"  have carried me through more difficult moments.

I have also enjoyed continuing to foster my friendships and connections through other electronic means such as skype and e-mail!  The conversations and the thoughtful letters have brought both good and bad news, and shown me how your lives are developing.    Reaching out and keeping in touch seems to be the key here.  I used to do it via letters, but now I find that the electronic opportunities have broadened the opportunities as so many of us are not good letter writers, including myself! :-)

Thank-you to all of you for your friendship, support, and kindness.  I wish you a Happy New Year, and may this new year bring all that you might wish for!

Click on the picture  below to see the video.  I tried to upload it directly to blogger, but was unsuccessful.  Therefore,  I tried out Vimeo.  You should not have to be a member to view it as I made the video public.   If you have any problems, please let me know.


Comments

Liene said…
Passing on the Kreativ Blogger award to Our Adventures... Looking forward to your list of seven!
Our Adventures said…
Liene, I am not really sure what this means? I haven't really been paying attention to these kinds of things while writing my blog. What is this award? How do I pass it on?

Popular Posts