A peaceful holiday season at home

I sent the boys off on December 15 to visit with their Dad in Saudi.  They will be returning only in January once school has begun.  As a result of that I have had a very quiet holiday season.  I have enjoyed my friends coming to visit, but was equally happy that they wanted to see more of Malaysia.  They of course invited me along, but I really just wanted time on my own to do what ever I wanted to do.  And that is what I have done.  I have watched movies, read books on my kindle, stayed up late or gone to bed early, gotten up early or slept in, gone down to the pool to swim, and essentially relaxed.  All at my own pace.  It has been fantastic.  The best part has been that this is the first Christmas that I have been on my own.

Originally I thought Christmas Eve might be hard.  Yet I spoke with the boys and then made a few dishes to take to a Christmas Day meal organized by my friends.  I just felt relaxed and happy.  The Christmas Day meal and company was wonderful.  I look forward to getting to know these people more over the next years.  I also learned that there are some other people who celebrate on Christmas Eve.  Thus, in the future I will be able to organize a Christmas Eve feast with those people.  :-)

I also look forward to celebrating Christmas with the boys when they return home.  The tree still has all the presents under it.  We will have another family coming to stay with us around that time, so hopefully we will be able to make a small event of it also.

As always I have been reflecting about life.  I am so glad that I have the boys in my life, as they make everything look different from the perspectives that they have.  They sometimes stress me out with their new teenage needs and mood swings, but everything they are going through is normal. I love them even more with every day.  The more I get to know Malaysia, the more I like it.  If only it weren't so hot.  In general life is good, and will get better as the financial pieces fall into place.  This year has been a good one, and I look forward to the next year being even better. 



Comments

Popular Posts