Long time no post

It has been a while since I last posted. When I began this blog I promised to myself that I would only post positive things, because there are so many negative things out on the web.  Additionally, I don't really need to air all the difficult and bad things that happen - especially when I am in a ranting mood.  so I just simply avoid posting then.  Plus I have had a crazy month of marking papers, field trips,  and catching up with things. 

Yesterday I uploaded some pictures from my camera that I had take on our field trip to Mont Kiara to do a city transect - recording different aspects of urban life.  The area I was in with my group of kids was a Kampung - or an area that is considered potentially a local community.  Later I found out that it was actually built around the time that the tall buildings started going into the area - the orginal kind of shanty community that many of the foreign workers end up building so that they can remain on the work site.  These buildings later became more permanent.  Mont Kiara is the area in KL that most expats live in.  This is the one small enclave that is very different to those tall monstrosities.  No, I do not like the tall buildings.  I find them boring, obnoxious, and am sad that they have replaced the nature and other communities that might possibly have been in the region. 





















Comments

Popular Posts