New location coming up

I haven't had a chance to update my blog in the last few months.  In March I accepted a new job after attending and International School job fair in Bangkok.  I went to the fair as a last ditch effort for this year's job search, not really expecting to find a job, as the jobs posted did not seem to be appropriate for what I was looking for.  I found myself leaving the fair with two definite offers and the possibility of third offer in the future.  I had to decide on one of the offers within 24 hours. 

The two offers were in Sharjah, UAE and Chiang Mai, Thailand.  Knowing the locations you might think that it was an easy choice.  Far from it, as both jobs were distinctly unique and with different opportunities.  I ended up accepting the Chiang Mai position because I felt that I had more chance for advancement in this position, and the school was a better choice for the boys in terms of both location and learning opportunities. Therefore I will be the IB Coordinator and teach Psychology there.  Two completely new opportunities for me with a high learning curve, but something that I am greatly looking forward to.  I immediately clicked with the school principal and the head of the school.  I feel like we are on the same page in terms of educational and leadership philosophies which will make me feel so much better about my job and where I work.  I will also be a member of the Senior Leadership Team which will afford me the opportunity to gain more experience in the process of leading a school.  The most exciting part will be to work with the team that is already in place as their knowledge and experience has been building a fantastic school.

The school is called Prem Tinsulanonda International School.  It is a full IB World School, which means that the IBO curriculum is taught from Primary all the way through to Secondary.  I am glad to move the boys back into the MYP and out of the antiquated IGCSE system that my present school uses. I also look forward to them being in a more international school with a larger variety of nationalities in both the school and among the teaching staff.  I believe that I will also enjoy the opportunities more myself also.

http://ptis.threegeneration.org/

Additionally, the school is located just outside of Chiang Mai which is said to be one of the most beautiful and interesting places to live in Thailand.  I am looking forward to exploring the region, while also experiencing the life that Chiang Mai is said to offer.  There is a large, active expat community that is forward thinking and international in approaches to life.  The school community focuses on sustainability, and there is an organic farm with regular markets as well as an approach to service that will bring a change to my life and hopefully bring many new opportunities for the boys.

Comments

Popular Posts