My Apartment and the "commute to work"

My apologies for not getting up pictures and information sooner, but this last week has been full on with orientation sessions, shopping galore, and the most amazing Thai dinners at local restaurants that have introduced us to the wonders of the Thai food late into the evenings.  I have been enjoying every minute of it, even though I am tired most evenings after coming home.  Tonight was our first full day with the rest of the staff at the school, and I will do a separate post about that.  But tonight is the first evening that I got home at 8:30 versus 10:30.

I will make this short as I am tired, but some might be curious about the apartment - I don't have many pictures right now, but here are a few.  (once again I am having picture issues.  I am still waiting to get my Mac laptop - once I do the picture issues will end.  But in the meantime, please just turn your heads or your device!)

This is a straight on view of the apartment with the kitchen and living room - this is the supplied furniture.  Once my belongings arrive it will look quite different.  I am also replacing the curtains because they will collect dust and exacerbate my allergies - plus the colours are not my favourite...


For the first time in years I will be able to recycle.  These bins are in our courtyard right outside my door - they are emptied daily.

The other day we went to the plant market, and purchased plants so that I would have a bit of a privacy screen for my apartment from the path that everyone uses to walk to work. I bought 17 plants for about $70/35Ls - and these are not little plants.  I will still have to buy pots, but for now they are fine.

 

Here is my daily commute to work:


My balcony from the path:

This is the secondary school building in which I work:


Just a few details I have found out - although I don't have my own classroom, I have an office that I share with the MYP Coordinator and CAS Coordinator, and I also have a secretary who will help me prepare documents for the DP students and events that I am responsible for. 

In general I am feeling very lucky to be here.

Comments

Popular Posts