Returning to blogging

 I begin writing this with the goal of trying to restart blogging, with the caveat that I have been warned by my son that no one blogs anymore, and therefore no one might bother reading what I write.  However, when I was in Latvia a lot people who I met quickly at the song festival commented that because of my blogging they felt like they knew what I was doing and were looking forward to following my life further.  I realized that this is actually the only way old friends really do know what I am doing as I don't generally live anywhere close enough to just randomly meet up.  Also, recently online I have had a lot of people asking how things are going, and I don't have the time to respond individually everyone.  Additionally, I feel like I have a lot of things to write about and want to share.  We will see how it goes:  Will I be able to sustain the writing?  Will others want to read?

I looked into trying to use different platforms including the one I used for the COVID blog for myself and friends, along with another site where I have placed my work resume for job hunts.  For a variety of reasons I did not find either option easy to develop a separate new blog that would allow for easy media additions.  

Therefore, I am returning to my very first blog that I began when the boys and I moved to Uzbekistan. Picture and text formatting is easy, without too much limitation of media size and personalization.  I was able to keep up the writing in this blog from about 2007 to 2013.  That is not really a bad stint considering blogging wasn't really a thing then.  And the writing I did was mostly for friends and family so that I could keep them updated on life.  I return to that goal and my blog is not meant to be more that.  In some ways I think of it as an ongoing Christmas letter that just gets updated regularly. 

 I hope you enjoy the next posts about my move from Vietnam to Germany and how life is progressing.  

The Future Of Blogging In India: 5 Reason To Grow - By Rusen Kumar I India  CSR

Comments

Popular Posts