Packing still

The boiler guy came today, at 3pm. Not too bad considering previous experiences. The boiler will need to be replaced, but thank goodness it is under warantee. I asked the guy why it might have broken down, his answer in Russian was "brak", which I assume means brāķis or "crappy product" in English. So much for the Electrolux name brand... So far a week without hot water, and an estimated three more days to go!

Didzis room now has one entire wall covered in boxes. The jigsaw puzzle effect is cool. Namejs room is empty except for the matress on the floor for cousin Adam, who will be buying his bed soon (he is one of my renters). What would I have done without him today, moving the bunk bed would have been impossible without his help. The dining room is slowly becoming the storage area for the items that are going: books, toys, winter clothing. Kitchen stuff is in the kitchen still. Mara, Joel and Adam will be happy with the change wrought in the apartment.

I am still trying to work out the last week logistics of sleeping and having bedclothes to use here. Not to mention clearing out the belongings in the Jurmala house. July 31st is the big cleaning putz with my ex-cleaner/nanny Dace. We should be able to make it all shine.

I just realized all of my entries have been in English. I must be too tired to think and type in Latvian. :)

Tomorrow the boys and I will go out to Jurmala after my yearly mammogram, and just sit back and relax for two days. Back on Thursday to finalize packing items. I guess I better call to make sure they really are coming on Friday to pack me up!

Comments

Popular Posts