Sauna Ritual

I realized that I often mention going into the sauna and that it has become a key part to our weekends. But many of you may not realize the sauna ritual. The boys and I love the process. Normally, I brew peppermint tea, and then steep it prior to going in. We have our Uzbek teapot with small cups. I then slice a few oranges or madarins for adding a sweetness to the flavors of the sauna. Plus a bottle of water and several plastic cups.

Once everything is ready we go to the sauna in our towels and sit and relax for the extended period. The boys run in and out as it sometimes too hot for them. During the snow period they have loved running around barefoot without feeling the cold of the snow. Once it gets warmer we will be able to jump into our ulimately cold dipping pool... Instead we go into the bath/shower that is next to the sauna. I have also been showering there for the last month.

Below are some pictures of the ritual including my friend Suzanne.




Comments

Anonymous said…
Hi, look here
Our Adventures said…
Dear friends and family,

Please don't open the above comment, it leads to a page that tries to get you to download a virus protection thing that will probably do the opposite to your computer. I can't get rid of the comment, and therefore have had to add security to the comments that will be added in the future. If you comment I will OK whether or not the comment can be posted.
Anonymous said…
Hey Gita, I found your blog while googling something totally unrelated. What a surprise!

You have chosen a unique and unexpected path, for sure, with the associated ups and downs! I have led a more "standard" life. Got married to long-time girlfriend Michele three years ago (you met her a few times in Michigan). We both teach at Cornell U and enjoy upstate New York, even the winter.

Most of our time is taken up with our daughter, Anna, just over two. I had sent you a birth announcement to an old email address I had for you but instead got a reply from Todd with the sad news of your divorce.


Anyway from your blogs it seems like you are doing very well in an interesting and challenging situation. I love some of your descriptions of Uzbeki (sp?) daily life. I'll check in occasionally--I have you bookmarked. I can be reached at atk23@cornell.edu

visu mili, Arturs Kalnins

Popular Posts