Chimgan

A few weeks ago the boys and I traveled to the mountains outside of Tashkent and went swimming in the reservoir behind the dam. The trip was peaceful and beautiful besides a very funny event(at least for me) that happened at the end of the day.

Where we were swimming the reservoir edge was very full of clay. I had decided to not go swimming because I can't stand the feeling of mud between my toes, but the boys and our friends went in. The afternoon passed nicely and then just as we had decided to leave, Didzis, who was the last one in the water just started screaming because he had cut his foot on a sharp rock.

Without thinking I just ran straight for him. Halfway there I thought I probably should have taken off my shoes as they began to be covered more and more in mud. I got to Didzis and had to help him to stand. As I did that, my feet sank into the muddy watery combination of the reservoir. As I pulled up Didzis, my feet began to slip. The next thing I knew I was splat on my butt in the very clay and water I had tried to avoid, and Didzis was no better off. I just started laughing because not only was I covered in mud from head to toe, but wet to boot. Didzis did not find this funny and started crying harder.

I got up, washed off my hands, pulled Didzis up and got him onto my back for a piggy back so that his foot would not get more mud in it and started on my way back. By the time I was half way again I realized that having my shoes on was just ridiculous. Within two more steps one shoe was so covered in mud that it just stayed in place and I lifted my foot out. I kept walking because I had to get Didzis to the towels and check out his foot. With the next step the other shoe came off too! Right then a wonderful Russian guy came over, lifted Didzis off my back, and carried him over to the towel. I took off my socks and walked the rest of the way through the disgusting clay to the towel.

My friend had a first aid kit and she bandaged Didzis up. In the meantime I changed into my swimsuit, and went and rinsed out my shoes, and clothes. I walked back to the car with the towel around me and in my bare feet. I stayed that way all the way home to Tashkent. Here are some pictures of the reservoir and mountains.










Comments

Popular Posts