Melaka Take 2 with pictures

The first time I went to Melaka, I had a camera with me, but no battery.  This time I did not forget to go better prepared.  I spent a day and a half in Melaka with my friend Helen and her two kids.  It was a wonderful time just exploring the area, and we tried out a home stay apartment that was very inexpensive.  So cheap in fact that our dinner at a restaurant cost as much as our rooms for the night!  But the apartment was clean, cool, and had a great decor.  To take a look:  http://www.ibilik.my/short_term_rentals/143086/concept-homestay-melaka-town

My favorite moment of the day was when we were walking back to our car in the evening.  We had been enjoying seeing the area in the lights that came on throughout the area.  We were following some new streets back, and found a Buddhist temple.  There was a service going on in the temple.  We were ready to walk by, but the guard at the temple welcomed us in.  We walked in, and silently listened to the chanting form the group of worshipers.  Then suddenly they were up and moving, chanting and following each other in a long line around the temple grounds.  We watched in awe as they continued their chants and their long line.  We were invited to join them several times, but were content to watch on the side.  It was a spiritual moment that is often searched out, but not often experienced.  These are exactly the kind of surprises I enjoy on my travels. 























Comments

Popular Posts