Visiting with Friends

One of the opportunities I really enjoyed while in Australia was the opportunity to visit with friends and family I hadn't seen in a long time, as well as the chance for the boys to meet up with people they had never met.

Over the years, since I had left Australia, I have always been able to keep in touch with one of my friends from Grade 5. In Grade 5 I was still living in Kalgoorlie.  I am pretty sure we have known each other since grade 1 though, so she is actually my oldest friend.  Somehow though, we were always able to keep track of each other with address changes and other things.  She is also on Facebook, and we have followed each others lives more closely over the last few years.  We met toghether with our boys at pool area.  The boys hung out and swam, while we were able to chat and catch up.  She and her family have a lot of upcoming changes soon, and I wish them well with the new changes.


We were also able to meet up with one of my Mum's closest friends.  She had been integral in our lives as well while we lived in Perth as she was a teacher at the school we went to while living in Perth.  She had even been my sister's teacher for a short period.  Meeting up with both her and her husband was wonderful.   We had the chance to talk about their children and grandchildren, while also having the boys connect with them.  Wonderful to see two of my favorite people!







Comments

Popular Posts