Singing in the shower

Didzis is usually shy about singing or dancing, but tonight he started singing in the shower - all inhibitions gone. He came out happy, laughing and smiling because he had really enjoyed it!

It made me feel a bit more up than I had been feeling now. Today is a rainy, icky day. I know I shouldn't be complaining because honestly some places (Latvia!) are much worse for the dreary weather. But maybe because it is so rare here I am effected by it today.

I am tired from a long day at work, and tired with the responsibilities of being Mom. I just want to curl up on the couch under a blanket and watch a movie. I would like it to be a silly chick film, a grown up to share it with, and a good bottle of wine. But that is not my lot tonight.

Instead I have two little boys, and they want to watch the original Transformers movie. So it will be an evening of popcorn bowls, "transformers, more than meets the eye...", and little snuggable moments with my two favorite people.

It's actually better than I was thinking just a bit ago! They really are the rays of sunshine in my life.

Comments

Popular Posts