My computer works

I had forgotten what it was like to be without a computer at home. Mine died while I was in Riga and it has taken three weeks (!) to get it fixed. Basically the system crashed. Luckily the tech people were able to save all of the data, but my biggest job right now is to save all of it onto CD's and finally delete all those unnecessary things that I have collected over the last two years of having this computer.

The boys enjoyed the time without the computer as I tended to sit and watch films with them. Now Didzis complains that as I recreate my system and add in all the little things that make this computer mine, that I am spending too much time on the computer.

But today Namejs and I also have to create a presentation about Jani for his class. They are learning about celebrations, and Namejs wants to share Jani with his classmates. We will also bake piragi. He will also participate in the presentation of the information.

The newest event is that this week the boys have been reminding themselves about speaking Latvian. They see all their classmates speaking in different languages and are beginning to realize the value of speaking in their own language. They have stated that this weekend we will do Latvian lessons! For only an hour and a half though. It is good that it is interesting weekend to do it - it is Latvia's Independence day tomorrow.

Otherwise things are settling in. I am finding that I am ready to go beyond just surviving. This week I would like to organize to begin taking Russian lessons. Additionally, I feel like I have the time to relax a bit. I have been using our sauna weekly, and really enjoying it.

I also have been going out a bit more and feeling more comfortable with leaving the boys with a babysitter. Last weekend they had a sleepover with their friend Abuhu while his Mom and I went out to what has been called the "Hot Party." It was a fun evening and it had been a long while since I had danced so much. The same weekend Didzis' friends who are twins also came over for a sleepover. They had a great time.

Besides that I turned 40 on Monday - no crisis, just feeling good, and seeing how it is true that life really only begins at 40. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts