Sunday Brunch

Today I had organized a Sunday brunch with friends. I spent an hour last night and an hour today preparing for the 16 of us. The boys even made little name tags for everyone, so they would know where they would sit. They also helped set up the table in the morning. They are becoming quite helpful and supportive.

I remembered that I do enjoy planning menus and was surprised that I still can successfully do so without stress: eggs, pancakes, cold cuts, and fresh veggies for 16. Fun for me, and easy. The hardest part was that when I was preparing the food last night my muscles were in pain from the Aqua Aerobics. I have not had every muscle ache like that in a long time - and I mean every - even my wrist muscles were sore when I grated cheese! Today though, all that is left are the ab pains which I am quite happy about.

It was really a fantastic day. Great conversation, great company: friends from work, a new Latvian family in town, and kids galore. I realize that I really enjoy multi-age festivities. I need to connect with people of all age groups to feel connected to the world. A few people stayed on for a sauna and we ended up ending the day with a quick hot dog meal for dinner.

Due to today's conversation we may even have M become our Tai-bo trainer(he was a champ here in Uzbekistan when he was younger) - perhaps filling one of my available days for physical activity. This is something the boys and I could even do together - and he is up for it. He said he would plan a program out and we might begin this Wednesday - I hope it works out, because I think this is another thing that I might really enjoy doing. And it would not be so much the boxing aspect of it, but the balance, physcial training aspect of it. We'll see. :-)

Comments

bea's blog said…
Hei!
Keep on blogging!
This is really a special area you live in and I hope you show us from your surroundings soon.
I came across your blog accidently only yesterday.
Would like to follow regularly, but you have not put own the sign yet! I suppose many will be intrested in reading your adventures from a somehow exotic and quuite unknown world!
European Greetings
Beatrice ♥

www.bea-nype.blogspot.com
Unknown said…
A very interesting blog

Popular Posts