Bad days are rare for me

Today just was one of those days. I woke up really in an excellent mood, and ready to walk to school. Tuesday is a day that the boys also need to walk with me in part of their health focus, due to my own health focus. They promised me they would whine all the way because they just didn't want to walk. And Didzis informed that his leg hurt tooooo much.

I said fine, go ahead, because the day was just so beautiful, that I didn't think that they would bother me at all. They started with - you are walking to fast, slow down. My answer was, well keep up then and kept at my pace. They did, and we were going at a good pace. I was happily looking at the mountains thinking I should take a picture, but no... Then I looked at the building to the left and tried to read all of the Russian ads on it and thought about my Russian lessons for the end of the day. The next thing I knew I was flying through the air, reaching out to catch myself and suddenly splat... flat on my face on the ground.

After saying a few not so polite words, and hearing the boys say, Mamma! I checked to make sure I was OK, and slowly got up. I realized I had really hurt my knee, my elbow, and grazed my hands. The small miracle was that it was my good knee, not my bad one, and my pants had not ripped. I began to see I could continue the rest of the way to school. I knew I wouldn't, and I limped down the rest of the bridge, and called Ahat to come and pick us up. This was only five minutes into the walk by the way...

The boys were quite happy to be able to ride, and Didzis felt that now I would know how he felt walking with a sore leg... I guess it served me right in some ways... In others I just wondered why had it all gone so wrong? :-(

It all made me remember a day in Grade 1 when walking to school I had also tripped, and hurt both knees - I still have the scars from that day. I kept walking to school though, and got there with the blood dripping down my white socks, and tears rolling silently down my cheeks. The teachers immediately took pity on me and took care of me. In some ways that is what I wanted when I arrived at school, but I am now the teacher, and I had to take care of myself...

I checked my knee, and it was bleeding, black and blue already, and I could barely bend it. I bandaged it, and generally tried to settle in for the day.

I had completely forgotten that I had a field trip until one of my students walked in and asked me what time we were leaving. I didn't know the answer to the question, because it had changed the day before. I called my assistant, and found out, but then it turned out she had told me the wrong time. I had the kids work on Math, and we then had to rush to get to the bus on time.

Nothing really terrible happened the rest of the day - just little annoying things to make you want to say - see it just is not going to get better. The students seemed particularly annoying, but in hindsight it was my own mood influencing the view of them.

Now I am just tired and want to go to sleep - but I know my knee and elbow will hurt during that process. Ibuprofen?? Oh well, Good Night.

Comments

Popular Posts