The first day of the rest of my life??

Well, it finally seems to have happened. I have an exercise plan. A few months ago I read the following:

http://incyst.blogspot.com/2008/11/pump-up-your-progesterone-part-five_29.html

This came from one of the blogs that I follow regularly about PCOS. For those of you who don't know PCOS is Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome. I have it and probably started dealing with it in my early twenties, but was diagnosed only 6 years ago. I was diagnosed with insulin resistance (also known as syndrome X) along with it. As I read more and research more I am happy to report that I am beginning to better understand my body, its chemical imbalances, the reasons behind continual weight gain and battles that are a struggle. I am retraining myself to eat differently. This training has taken a slow but steady effect on my body in that I am starting lose weight in different locations. But in order for my changes to make a difference I have needed to start exercising properly. This article was the first one I had read in a long time that made we want to do it.

It motivated me to start thinking how I could simply add just a little bit of exercise to my week. My problem is that exercise has to be a part of my everyday life, because I cannot force myself to go somewhere else to take a class. No matter how many gym memberships I have paid for, and no matter how many classes I have signed up for, if it means that I have to leave work to get there across town, or go after having been home, it just won't work.

So my plan involves including everything in my weekly schedule.

1. The boys and I have started walking to school. We will leave around the same time in the morning as an earlier time just seems ridiculous. It just means that I will have to be really organized before leaving school in the afternoon.

2. Organized yoga at school is definitely happening on Fridays so far and the teacher may add a second day on Tuesdays. This is a real Indian guru who also works for the Indian culture center here in Tashkent. I had to miss the first two weeks due to movie night and my retreat, but I hope to miss no more.

3. On days that I don't have yoga or Russian after school I will be doing my yogalates at home - the boys have promised to help me out with keeping to this commitment.

4. The boys have swimming lessons on Thursdays and Saturdays. On Saturdays I take them, and I have organized for an aqua aerobics class after that together with the mom of the kids that go swimming with the boys.

The reason I am writing this here is because it gives me some accountability. If you want to keep the pressure on, you can periodically ask how is the exercise plan going....

Hopefully, this is going to work, and I hope I am starting to have a plan for life. Wish me luck!

Comments

Anonymous said…
It will be nice to hear what you all see on the way to school and what nice things you will discover.

Popular Posts