Peaceful

The past few days I have been feeling very… how do I say it? It seems to be a combination of lucky, blessed, happy – maybe the best description for those of you are Latvian, es jutos laimiga.

Every time I look out of my window I see this beautiful green golf course with a mosque in the distance. At night the mosque is lit up with colorful lights, and the lights of Putrajaya are quite nice to stand and watch (sit once I get some balcony furniture!). This morning I woke up to birds chirping and my fans spinning. The only two distinguishable sounds: no traffic, no planes, no moloko being called out in the morning, no ting-ting-TING of the trolleybus on the street. All I hear are blissful, peaceful sounds.

When outside in the complex I meet up naturally with my colleagues who also live here, we wave, chat, invite each other to do things together, say yes or no with no worry of offending someone. I can swim, I can workout, and one of the new teachers who came in with me will offer yoga twice a week. I also learned that at the hotel up the street I can get a weekly massage. I won’t be able to have someone come here weekly, but I will be able to walk or drive there easily.

Work is settling, but will be a bit stressful to begin with. I know though, that I will enjoy it once we begin. It seems as if I have had an inordinately long holiday this year! I have only 5 more days of rest before or of preparation for school.

The boys come home tomorrow. I will be so happy to see them and share all of this with them. They have really enjoyed their time with their Dad on the island Tioman. I am hoping they will want to write about it in the blog to share with you all, but we will see. Didzis has likely been taking photos on his I-pod touch, so at the least we can post some of those.

Today Hari Raya officially starts and I send out an EID Mubarak to my Muslim friends!

By the way, my shipment didn’t come. That, however might be a blessing in disguise as we don’t really have anywhere to put our belongings yet!

Comments

Popular Posts