Kreativ Blogger Award

Two weeks ago I was passed on the Kreativ Blogger Award.  It passed to me by Liene, who also writes a blog:  http://femmeaufoyer2011.blogspot.com/   I love reading Liene's blog because it is a combination of her new life in France with great connections to her Latvian American heritage with lots of fun stories and commentary on her life in general.  It is great to see how well Liene is doing, especially as I was either her teacher or her counselor (the years blur for me) in the Latvian summer high school in Michigan way back when.  Funny how life brings us together again in strange ways.


So what exactly is this Kreativ Blogger award?  I think it means that someone enjoys your blog and the creativity exhibited there.  Once you receive it you need to share 7 random things about yourself and then pass the award on to other bloggers.

Here go those seven things, in no particular order of importance: 

1.  I am a Third Culture Kid (TCK).  I was a Latvian born in Australia, who moved to the US at a formative time in my life.  I continued this TCK lifestyle moving within the US, and then to Sweden, Latvia, Uzbekistan, and now Malaysia.  For more on TCK's check out:  http://www.tckworld.com/

2.  My strongest desire is to ensure a future for my two boys:  be that in the smaller picture of our own lives, and in the larger picture of working to teach others about respect for the environment and making a difference in our world in terms of civic mindedness and being members of a community.

3.  I love being a teacher.  I keep getting to learn about subjects that I am fascinated about; I get to learn from my students daily; and I have continued opportunities to take courses and learn more about teaching.  My new job allows me to connect with all of the technology that I have always loved, and now am finally able to implement - gotta love working in a 1:1 laptop school!  (Plus the vacation opportunities for teachers are also pretty great...)

4.  I enjoy watching crime thrillers, and reading fantasy and science fiction,  as well as young adult fiction to keep up with the best books for my boys.

5.  I have enjoyed living everywhere that I have ever lived, but I have to say, irregardless of my love-hate relationship with it, my favorite place to live has always been Latvia.  I just don't think I will be able to live there permanently, unless a lot of things change.

6.  I have Poly Cystic Ovary Syndrome.  This influences my hormones, my weight and all other manner of things connected with my body.  I fight daily with the ramifications of this syndrome, including the psychological effects of not knowing for so long what was wrong with me.  I have rediscovered acupuncture, and I will be writing about it periodically to consider the effects it has on me in terms of the PCOS. 

7.  I have surprised myself in writing a blog.  I have tried to keep journals on several occasions and have ultimately failed.  For a while I was a good letter writer, but I lost that skill once I married and had children.  So for me to find this outlet of writing has given me not only an outlet for my creativity, but also a way for me to connect with my family and friends.  Over time I have been greatly surprised that others read and enjoy my musings on my life. 

In terms of passing on this award, I struggled a bit because since I began working in a 1:1 laptop school,  all of my learners work is posted onto blogs, and I find that I have to read about 100 blogs regularly.  As this is a bit of overkill on the electronic reading front I haven't been keeping up on my regular blogs.  Plus, several blogs that I would have passed this on to, have already received the award.  After reviewing my links to my favorite blogs, I am passing the award on to:


Kolibrie - the First Mate's Journal :  This blog is written by a former colleague of mine from the time that I worked in Jackson, Michigan.  She is a former science teacher who has retired and is enjoying much of her retirement by sailing together with her husband.  Her writing and pictures bring the reader to a completely different world of life on the sea. 

Gaston's Graffiti :  This blog is written by a friend of mine, who recently found his path in life as a photographer.  It is essentially an online portfolio of his work and favorite photographs.  His pictures take my breath away.  Right now he is in Antarctica on a photo journalist assignment. 

Ozsarac Clan 2 :  This blog is written by a friend who I met at a course in London.  Nothing like an intense week of learning to bring people together.  I love reading her blog because as an English teacher her writing is brilliantly eloquent.  I am also envious that I will likely never reach the skill or level of her writing.

Hello Latvia :   I started reading this blog through a link on another friend's blog, and immediately enjoyed the clarityof the writing, the photography, and the joy shared in moments of life.  I also connected with the commentary on life in Latvia, and  I remember how I enjoyed my first years in Latvia. I hope that they are able to keep up the momentum.   It is nice to have finally met and gotten to know the writers better this summer.  As a result I enjoy the reading even more.

I look forward to seeing if these bloggers choose to pass on and share this award, and with whom they do.





Comments

Liene said…
Man liekas skolotāja, bet arī gluži neatceros... Loti patika tavs saraksts! Un paldies, ka iepazīstināji ar vēl dažiem interesantiem blogs!
Anonymous said…
Čau Gita!
Vai zini, ka Liene ir manas māsas Ingas meita?
Ceru, ka nākamā acupuncture pieredze bija daudz patīkamāka.
Visu labu!
Daina
Our Adventures said…
Daina! Jauki Tevi redzet seit. :-) Ja zinaju, ka Liene ir Ingas meita, un zinu, ka iepazinamies jau kad pie Tevis ciemojos Cikaga, kad vina bija mazina, be
t man skita, ka vina varbut to neatceresies. :-) Ceru, ka Tev un Tavejiem labi veicas! Pedejie divi Akupunkturas piedzivojumi ir bijusi labi!

Popular Posts