Acclimation

This morning is the first morning that we have all woken up normally without crankiness or the inability to pull ourselves out of bed. I never thought that a three hour time difference would take so long to beat.

I much prefer waking up with happy boys who are ready for the day than the ones who gripe at every moment. Going to bed nightly at 8pm (all of us!) has helped a lot.:-)

It continues to snow and be cold here. -18 overnight, but warmer during the day. The kids at school are enjoying the snow, and because it is so rare here the admin allows snowball fights! The building though is freezing, and I go to work with long underwear and winter sweaters. Didzis and Namejs are some of the few kids with snowpants, appropriate mittens and hats, and good boots. Today I have recess duty, so I will try to take a few pictures.

My driver also said that it has not been this cold in Tashkent in 20 years! But I am told that winter ends relatively soon...so we need to enjoy it while it is here.

Comments

Marite said…
Could you send some of that "winter ends pretty soon" stuff over here. freaking hell. If I'm not over it already I don't know what I am...

Popular Posts