Change...

It seems that I have been more often than not reminded of how I am not supposed to be living in Latvia these last three weeks. As I have spent time with friends I realize that it is very nice to come here for a vacation, have fun, relax, play and just reflect on life.

Things are just not quite ready yet for me: not for my career, not for my hopes, not for my children and their schooling opportunities, not for my finances.

Today I met my friend Inta, who helped to remind me of all that. She has just spent the last few months in Nepal in a cloister; meditating, fasting,getting to know herself again, and starting to process her life occurrences. Her experiences happened intensely. I realize that I am doing something similar, but at a slower pace, and with the slower realization of the things that are happening to me.

I am regaining myself again, and visiting here I have absolutely realized that. It is strange to realize that my self esteem previously was so low, that I couldn't believe in my own abilities. Now I see that I have regained so much of my confidence, my smile, and the hop in my step. It is beginning to shine through.

Change can be extremely therapeutic. :-)

Comments

Popular Posts