Flight from hell

So, yesterday the boys and arrived at the aiport to find out that our flight was cancelled to Riga. We had two options, either fly to Moscow that day and arrive in Riga around 11pm, or fly out the next day on Uzbek Air.

As I had organized a huge party for my arrival day, I decided that I had to fly to Moscow. The boys and I hung out at the airport together with several other teachers who had also been stuck due to huge delays on their flight to Moscow. It turned out that I would be on the same flight as them. We waited from 5am until 2:20pm to fly out. Along the way we ordered shashlik in with the help of our wonderful GSO and my landlord. It was good that we were able to eat.

Once we got to Moscow we had to wait until 10:00 until we could fly out. Along the way I had travel together with the group of Latvians who were also bumped off the flight. We were an entourage of 8 trooping around the airport. We paid exorbitant amounts for the food - $9 sandwiches, and $4 chip bags. In general the boys were terrific throughout the process. They were wonderful!

We arrived in Latvia around 11 o'clock. My friend Sandis was there to meet me, and the boys dad was there to meet them. I got whisked off to the party, and arrived around 11:30. It was wonderful! There were so many people there, I danced, talked all night, and ended up crawling into bed around 5:30am. Wow -24 plus hours of being awake (once you add the time difference almost 36! I still haven't really slept, as my last guest left only this afternoon around 5pm. My sister and I are still cleaning up, and I need to pull out a few more hours of being awake to be able to adjust to the time change. I'm feeling exhausted, but very happy.

Comments

Popular Posts