Reconnecting with friends

Yesterday I spent a great day at my old school. I had planned to only stay for a few hours and visit, but ended up staying the entire school day! The boys were there also visiting and having fun with old friends. I think we all felt like kings for the day. We got so much attention, and everyone wanted to hear how we were doing.

The conversations were great, I got all the latest about school, other people's lives, and it seemed like everywhere I turned I was meeting someone else. It took me an hour to move from one end of a hallway to another. I finally just placed myself in the teachers' room, and sat and talked. I was exhausted by the end of the day, and had organized another time to meet everyone on Friday afternoon once they are done with school - they will be more relaxed and we will meet for a drink. :-)

The main question asked was when will you be coming back? I found myself realizing that I don't know the answer to that question. I realize that I am really enjoying my life in Uzbekistan. I can see myself enjoying for at least the two years of contract, if not longer. I might even be ready to move on to another International School if I get pulled in that direction. There would have to be something pretty special to pull me back here. Yes, friends and family are here, Riga is a nice place to live, and there are opportunities. What would life be like to return here?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Stay away, stay away! It only seems so sweet because you're not here full time! :) Hee hee...coming from one missy trying to get away herself... :)

Popular Posts