How cool is the internet?

Recently I joined Facebook, mostly to find friends that I had lost contact with over the years. The Latvian friends I have found on a similar website that is in Latvia. But I have wondered a lot about many other people. Moving around the world often makes it hard to keep up those contacts.

So today I got a message from one of my elementary school friends with whom I had been in contact all the way up until 1993 - the time that both of us had gotten married. I had found a person with her name on Facebook and sent a message - today I finally got a response from her - her computer has not been working. Hmm. Synchronicity again - mine also was not working recently...

It has always fascinated me how you can already tell the type of people that you value as friends from such an early age. We easily clicked as friends in grade 6, and were always able to find common threads in our lives and interests over the years. That continues even today.

So, here's to reconnecting!

Comments

Popular Posts